As a bank, we’re required to verify your identity before opening your bank account at bunq. Since we’d love to have you on board, we want to give you some helpful tips for a smooth, quick, 5-minute identity verification.
- Go to your Profile tab and tap on Settings, choose Personal Information and select Make sure you’re secure.
- Stay in a well-lit surrounding so the video is clear and your face is clearly visible.
- Follow the steps on the screen carefully. You should slowly turn your head and say the numbers out loud.
- Hold your phone at the same level as your face while doing the verification.
- Complete the verification on your own. There can’t be anyone holding your phone or be present in the background.
- When you use your ID card, driver’s license or residence permit, be sure to upload a picture of the front and the back side of the card.
- It might be that you’re using a document that isn't supported. You can find the complete list of accepted documents here.
- If your document is brand new (under 2 weeks), we might not be able to verify it yet. You can try again later or use a different document.
- Upload a picture of your original document. Scans, copies or pictures from a screen aren't accepted.
- The details on your document need to be readable and the whole document should be visible on the picture. You can’t cover any information on the document.
- The picture on the used document should be clear. Your face needs to be recognizable.
- You need to resemble the picture on your document. We suggest using a document with a recent picture to ensure it matches your current looks.
- Remember to tap on each one of the 4 verification steps in order to trigger the process.
Need further help?
You can always contact Support. We'll be happy to help!
Want to learn more?
Explore more bunq knowledge here. 🌈